Kiss Me 💋 Kiss Me


Skirt // CHICWISH
Shoes // ASOS
Bag // Candy Kisses, same here
Top // Stradivarius, similar here






Although I don't wear it as often as I want to, red color is one of my favorite. So bright and fierce, draws all eyes on you, well, if you want them be drawn...
*TIP: Don't wear red if you want to lay low! 

Now, about that red lipstick... Yes, it's gorgeous, it's ultra feminine BUT it can be very tricky! There are three things you should pay attention, in my opinion:
1. Shape is very important: You need to keep a steady hand to draw the line around your lips. Don't try it if you had too much coffee, haha
2. Clean teeth can be a challenge: Keep your teeth lipstick-free by gently biting a napkin with your lips right after applying and then wiping the inner parts which are always wet and keep amounts of product that stain your perlies. Don't bite too hard because the paper might stuck!
3. Last, but not least, the duration of the color is key for the perfect red lips: After years of experimenting, I realized that if you want your lips to stay red all day (or night) you must use a matte lip product. Glossy or satin reds might look juicier but wear off very quickly. So, first, I apply a matte lip-liner all over my lips and then fill it in with a matte pencil lipstick. And even if I am out for drinks or dinner, the color remains to a 80%. Then, I refill, but not too much.

Do you have any tips for luscious red lips? Let me know in the comments section!

xoxo
|barefoot duchess|

Photos by The Duke